The suhoor meal is important during the holy month of Ramadan, as it works to provide the main source of energy needed during fasting hours. Which may help prevent headaches, maintain blood sugar levels, and reduce the feeling of thirst during the fasting period.
Therefore, suhoor is very important for the body and it is considered as fuel while fasting Ramadan.
But this meal should be well balanced and healthy, and here you will find out some important information about what to include in it.
What A Healthy Suhoor Is Made Of ?
For a balanced meal, various nutrients must be available:
● Healthy fats such as avocados, walnuts, nuts, and chia seeds help reduce hunger and promote satiety for longer periods.
● Grains like oats and quinoa are a source of healthy carbohydrates and help keep blood sugar under control.
● Proteins such as eggs and yogurt work to supply the body to the feeling of satiety for a longer period, which reduces hunger levels during fasting hours
What proteins like eggs and yogurt do you work with for example, which reduce hunger levels during fasting hours?
Easy & Healthy Suhoor Ideas
Oats are at the top of the list because they are rich in fiber, which makes them contribute to a stable energy level throughout the day.
Here are some oats based recipes:
● Oats Pudding: You can mix oats with milk and sweeten them with honey, then you can add fresh or dried fruits or nuts.
● Oatmeal: Consists of milk, yogurt, express oats, bananas, peanut butter, chia seeds, and cocoa powder.
● Oats Pancake: Mix ground oats with an egg, a little milk, oil, and vanilla, then pour the mixture into a frying pan and you can add fruits and honey
The second ingredient on the list is eggs!
Where it can be considered a complete suhoor meal, because it prevents the feeling of thirst or hunger, and it also saves the body from the feeling of lethargy during the fasting period, as it does not cause any of the intestinal problems during fasting.
Here are some simple suhoor recipes that contain eggs:
1. An omelet with fresh vegetables (can be eaten with or without bread)
2. Scrambled eggs without any toppings, which can be eaten with a slice of bread
3. Boiled eggs with a plate of veggies, or with some cottage cheese and avocado.
Fruits & Vegetables
Fresh vegetables and fruits contain large amounts of nutrients that the body needs during fastings, such as various vitamins, water, and fiber.
Here are some types that will reduce the feeling of thirst during fasting:
1. Watermelon, apple, cranberry, pineapple
2. Peaches, apricots, strawberries, and oranges
3. Vegetables such as cucumber, lettuce, celery, and tomatoes
● Avoid foods high in sugars and sweets
● Drink enough water during the pre-dawn meal to hydrate the body while fasting
● Be sure to add a variety of antioxidants
● Make dates as part of the main suhoor meal
● Avoid or reduce caffeine consumption as much as you can, as it leads to dehydration of fluids from the body
In case you need an expert opinion or more details regarding your dietary plan during the month of Ramadan do not hesitate to see a doctor.
Click here to book an appointment with a Diet & Nutrition doctor.
With more kids going back to in-person classes this year, with the COVID-19 Delta variant on the rise, this year’s back-to-school won’t be as usual.
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Recently, the number of monkeypox infections has increased worldwide, making it a source of concern for many individuals for fear of becoming the next global epidemic.
Hunger is a natural signal to your body that it needs more food. There are many explanations why you constantly feel hungry, read more to discover them.
Some women have little or no problems during their periods, while others have different menstrual disorders due to many causes. Learn more about this topic.