Soups are an essential appetizer and the best companion for iftar while breaking fast.
- Delicious Middle Eastern Iftar Recipes With A Healthy Twist
- How to Make Ice Cream at Home
- Homemade Sambar Recipe
It is warm and a great introduction to your stomach after a long day of not eating. At Okadoc, we have a vegetarian lentil soup that is perfect for iftar.
Vegetarian Lentil Soup Recipe
Lentil soup is a recipe famous in the Middle East, it’s very light and tastes fresh along with lemon juice and parsley
This soup is fast and easy to make and only requires a few staple ingredients. Most important of all, it’s very healthy.
Vegetarian Lentil Soup Ingredients
- 1¼ cup of split red lentils
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2.5 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
How to make Vegetarian Lentil Soup
- Rinse and soak 1¼ cups of split red lentils in cool water for 15-20 minutes.
- While the lentils are soaking, cut half a cup each of onion, celery, carrots, and two cloves of garlic.
- Heat up one teaspoon of oil in a large pot.
- After the pot has heated up, Add the onions, celery, and carrots, then saute over medium heat for seven to ten minutes until they have softened and become slightly translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Add in the bay leaf, cumin powder, turmeric, drained lentils, chicken stock, and water and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils have softened.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Blend the soup to your desired consistency.
- Season with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
It is essential to keep your health in check during the fasting month to make sure you are energised while doing your daily routine. Lentil soup is one of the healthiest meal you can cook at home to break the fast.
For more information about healthy diet ask our nutritionist, you can now book doctor’s appointment online at Okadoc.
With more kids going back to in-person classes this year, with the COVID-19 Delta variant on the rise, this year’s back-to-school won’t be as usual.
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Hunger is a natural signal to your body that it needs more food. There are many explanations why you constantly feel hungry, read more to discover them.
Some women have little or no problems during their periods, while others have different menstrual disorders due to many causes. Learn more about this topic.