For most men, no matter what body type you have, it’s fair to say that a bit of muscle mass can boost confidence and appearance. Muscle is essential for your body because it increases your strength, makes you recover quickly, and help to maintain good posture.
- The Side Effects of Low Testosterone in Men
- Sad Dads: Paternal Postpartum Depression in Men
- Unheard Quitting Smoking Side Effects
To build muscle, you have to work out hard. But the most important part about packing on muscle is watching your diet and knowing what you should and shouldn’t be eating. With that being said, here are a few muscle foods for men that will do you so much benefit.
Protein is the essential macronutrient in terms of building lean muscle. Protein contains amino acids, which are necessary for building blocks of growing muscle. When the body reaches its ideal daily protein intake, your muscle will sustain itself.
If you are eating protein at a surplus (with physical exercise), it will grow. Protein can come from meat, dairy, as well as many other sources that are also vegetarian or vegan-friendly.
- Chicken.Chicken is the best meat in terms of eating a clean diet aimed at building pure muscle mass. If you don’t have chicken in your diet, it’s very hard to get your protein count up. Depending on how you cook and prepare it, chicken is extremely lean. After removing its fat, it’s meat is an almost pure protein with very low fat and nearly no carbohydrate.
- Red Meat. Just like chicken, red meats are great for building muscle. Not only can they be very lean, but red meats are also known to curb hunger. Many people worry that red meats are high in fat. But the truth is, it contains conjugated linoleic acid, which can actually help burn fat.
- Whey Protein Powder. This is a must for people who struggle to reach the required amount of protein. Whey protein is a fast-absorbing protein that goes straight to the muscle and is extremely convenient to consume. Depending on the brand and type you by, there is virtually no fat or carbohydrates. Pure protein is what you’re getting.
- Fish. Salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines, and cod are some of the best types of fish to have. Not only are they an interesting change of pace from chicken and red meat, but they are also extremely lean and contain lots of healthy minerals and vitamins. Not forgetting to mention that its fatty acids can help you regulate blood pressure as well as cholesterol levels.
- Tofu. Tofu cant misses the list as its one of the best protein sources for people with vegan or vegetarians diets. Not only is tofu a natural source of protein, known for its ability to lower cholesterol as well as prevent the development of heart disease, osteoporosis, and even cancer. Although more research must be done on this.
A common misconception is that carbohydrates decrease muscle gain and ruin your physique by adding more fat. Though this is possible through an unbalanced diet, carbohydrates play just as an important role in the muscle building as protein does.
- Brown Rice. A great alternative to rice or bread, brown rice is significantly lower in sugar, a slow-digesting carbohydrate and is perfect to go along with all your meats. As its a whole grain, it is known to lower cholesterol as well as maintain blood sugar levels.
- Oats. This is a staple food for anyone looking to pack on muscle. It contains high-quality proteins, and also a source of complex carbohydrate food. Oats will make you feel full longer, fuel your muscle and help you to recover faster. Its fibre content will also prevent you from becoming constipated from overeating meat.
- Almonds. Almonds are high in protein and contain important minerals and vitamins to promote better overall health as well as providing you energy for intense workouts. Almonds are also a great source of healthy fats.
- Yoghurt. Yoghurt is one of muscle foods that you can put either as a protein or carbohydrate source because it has an abundance of both. Compared to most other dairy foods, plain yoghurt is the perfect balance of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. It can provide you with the energy for long workouts as well as replenishing muscles after it.
- Vegetables. Though vegetables don’t exactly add on muscle to your body, it will help you with your digestion, energy levels, and overall well being. There is no type of healthy diet where you shouldn’t be eating vegetables. If you’re trying to keep your carbohydrates low, vegetables are perfect.
Keep in Mind
Building muscles and creating an aesthetic physique is no easy task. It requires a lot of discipline, patience, and willpower. On top of that, you will need to get a better understanding of your health and physical condition.
If you have a medical condition or have had a previous injury, it is best to consult with your medical practitioner before you start.
Head over to the Okadoc app to immediately book an appointment with your health practitioner.
With more kids going back to in-person classes this year, with the COVID-19 Delta variant on the rise, this year’s back-to-school won’t be as usual.
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Hunger is a natural signal to your body that it needs more food. There are many explanations why you constantly feel hungry, read more to discover them.
Some women have little or no problems during their periods, while others have different menstrual disorders due to many causes. Learn more about this topic.