On a keto diet and craving for a Mediterranean dish for dinner? This Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels can be a great way to elevate the traditional flank steak.
It is topped with cheese and flavours from garlic, olives, and roasted red peppers and served with a side of salad and mashed cauliflower for a complete meal. Read more for the recipe.
Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels Ingredients
- 1 1/4 lb flank steak (570 g)
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 6 oz sliced provolone cheese (170 g)
- 1 cup minced kalamata olives (160 g/ 5.6 oz)
- One roasted red pepper, thinly sliced (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels Recipe
- Flatten steak to 1/2 cm thickness with a mallet.
- Top steak with all of the ingredients and seasoning, then roll up from the short end.
- Secure steak with toothpicks and slice into six even pinwheels.
- Place the pinwheels in a large broiler safe skillet.
- Broil 10-15 cm from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired tenderness.
- Your Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels are ready to serve.
If you would like you can prepare the meal and store away raw for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator before cooking.
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Varicose veins are swollen, enlarged veins that usually appear on the legs. Learn the causes and treatment options for this condition here.
Many of us turn to food because excessive eating during stressed time is our body’s natural coping mechanism. But emotional eating can be harmful to our health, too.
Heart disease is one of major diseases affecting people all over the world. You can lower your risk of heart disease by changing the factors you can control.