On a keto diet and craving for a Mediterranean dish for dinner? This Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels can be a great way to elevate the traditional flank steak. It is topped with cheese and flavours from garlic, olives, and roasted red peppers and served with a side of salad and mashed cauliflower for a complete meal. Read more for the recipe.
Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels Ingredients
- 1 1/4 lb flank steak (570 g)
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 6 oz sliced provolone cheese (170 g)
- 1 cup minced kalamata olives (160 g/ 5.6 oz)
- One roasted red pepper, thinly sliced (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels Recipe
- Flatten steak to 1/2 cm thickness with a mallet.
- Top steak with all of the ingredients and seasoning, then roll up from the short end.
- Secure steak with toothpicks and slice into six even pinwheels.
- Place the pinwheels in a large broiler safe skillet.
- Broil 10-15 cm from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired tenderness.
- Your Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels are ready to serve.
If you would like you can prepare the meal and store away raw for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator before cooking.
More from Recipe:
Food allergy affects an estimated 6 to 8 percent of children and 4 percent of adults. Learn about the food allergies, symptoms and its risks here.
As a parent, developing healthy habits for children is important. It will help them grow as a healthy and well-mannered person. Let’s find out how here!
The technological advancements nowadays bring both positive and negative effects on our health. Let’s find out more about how technology can improve your health here!
Coconut water has abundance health benefits for our body. But, you should never replace your water intake with coconut water because it might harm your health.