On a keto diet and craving for a Mediterranean dish for dinner? This Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels can be a great way to elevate the traditional flank steak. It is topped with cheese and flavours from garlic, olives, and roasted red peppers and served with a side of salad and mashed cauliflower for a complete meal. Read more for the recipe.
Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels Ingredients
- 1 1/4 lb flank steak (570 g)
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 6 oz sliced provolone cheese (170 g)
- 1 cup minced kalamata olives (160 g/ 5.6 oz)
- One roasted red pepper, thinly sliced (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels Recipe
- Flatten steak to 1/2 cm thickness with a mallet.
- Top steak with all of the ingredients and seasoning, then roll up from the short end.
- Secure steak with toothpicks and slice into six even pinwheels.
- Place the pinwheels in a large broiler safe skillet.
- Broil 10-15 cm from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired tenderness.
- Your Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels are ready to serve.
If you would like you can prepare the meal and store away raw for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator before cooking.
More from Recipe:
World Health Organization has included gaming disorder as part of mental illness. Let’s find out more about this issue here!
Besides maintain good lifestyle habits, you can also enhance your eye health through foods. Here are some top foods to boost your eye health to try!
Poor body image can lead you to low self-esteem. That is not good idea to let others control how you feel about your body. Learn more about body image here!
If you wish to travelling abroad with your family or alone, here are vaccinations before travelling that you need to consider to take.