On a keto diet and craving for a Mediterranean dish for dinner? This Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels can be a great way to elevate the traditional flank steak.
It is topped with cheese and flavours from garlic, olives, and roasted red peppers and served with a side of salad and mashed cauliflower for a complete meal. Read more for the recipe.
Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels Ingredients
- 1 1/4 lb flank steak (570 g)
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 6 oz sliced provolone cheese (170 g)
- 1 cup minced kalamata olives (160 g/ 5.6 oz)
- One roasted red pepper, thinly sliced (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels Recipe
- Flatten steak to 1/2 cm thickness with a mallet.
- Top steak with all of the ingredients and seasoning, then roll up from the short end.
- Secure steak with toothpicks and slice into six even pinwheels.
- Place the pinwheels in a large broiler safe skillet.
- Broil 10-15 cm from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired tenderness.
- Your Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels are ready to serve.
If you would like you can prepare the meal and store away raw for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator before cooking.
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Banana is one of the most popular fruits. It contains a lot of benefits that even fight diseases. Read more to know more health benefits of banana
Honeydew melon can be sweet and juicy fruit to enjoy this summer. it is also packed with lots of health benefits for you. Find out more about it here!
Hemorrhoids is a very common condition that can either be treated at home or with a help of doctors. Learn more about the condition here