Ketogenic diet or keto for short is an excellent way for weight loss. It offers many health benefits and recommended by Okadoc and globally. It’s an eating plan that drives your body into ketosis, a state where your body uses fat instead of carbohydrate as a primary fuel source. During keto, the majority of calories you consume will come from fat with little protein.
- 7 Foods For Hair Growth
- The Negative Effects of Eating Fast Food
- 8 Tips to Preparing Healthy Meals for Children
By cutting carb intake significantly, you can reduce insulin resistance that usually triggers the type 2 diabetes. Doing a keto diet can also increase your caloric deficit and make you lose fat faster.
Take note however that keto diet will require you to adjust to the menu. For the first two weeks, you will feel some headache, fatigue and even gastrointestinal issues. Don’t worry, because that’s part of the phase.
What you need is a proper keto meal plan to correct most of those issues. The keto diet plan is designed to make sure you get three healthy meals a day with balanced fat, fibre, and protein intakes.
Food Recommended on a Keto Diet
Here is the food list recommended by Okadoc on a keto diet menu:
- Vegetables: Cucumbers, broccoli, asparagus, leafy greens.
- Fruits: Avocado, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries.
- Meat: Chicken, beef, lamb, goat, turkey, veal.
- Fish: Tuna, salmon, sardines, trout, etc.
- Dairy products: Sour cream, Greek yoghurt, cheese.
- Fats and oils: Butter, coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, sesame, walnuts, sunflower.
- Herbs and spices: Pepper, thyme, paprika, oregano, cayenne.
Food to Avoid on a Keto Diet
To ensure you get the most out of your keto diet, you also need to avoid these food below:
- Processed food: Milk, cheese, yoghurt, frozen dinners, tinned food.
- Starch: Corn, oats, wheat, bread, pasta.
- Sugar: Fruits, sports drinks, vitamin waters, cookies, cakes, doughnuts.
A 7 Day Sample Menu for Keto Diet
The key to having a successful keto diet lies in your keto diet menu. For first-timers, this can be very tricky because you’re still trying to figure out what’s best for your body and what’s not. So, here’s a 7-day sample keto meal plans to help you get started on your keto journey!
- Breakfast: Beef bacon and 2-3 fried eggs.
- Lunch: Spinach salad.
- Dinner: Grilled shrimp with lemon butter.
- Breakfast: Cheese and vegetable omelette.
- Lunch: Sashimi with miso soup.
- Dinner: Roasted chicken with sautéed mushrooms and asparagus.
- Breakfast: Hard-boiled eggs and bulletproof coffee.
- Lunch: Tuna salad and tomatoes.
- Dinner: Meatballs on zucchini noodles.
- Breakfast: Unsweetened yoghurt mixed with chia seeds, walnuts, raspberries, and sour cream.
- Lunch: Baked salmon with broccoli.
- Dinner: Meatloaf.
- Breakfast: Omelet, spinach, and mushroom.
- Lunch: Taco salad.
- Dinner: Beef patties with a slice of cheese, served with vegetables.
- Breakfast: Eggs scrambled with vegetables.
- Lunch: Sardine salad with mayo and avocado.
- Dinner: Sautéed bok choy and broiled trout with butter.
- Breakfast: Vegetable omelette and cheese.
- Lunch: Chicken tenders cooked with almond flour.
- Dinner: Baked tofu with broccoli, peppers and cauliflower rice.
Now that you know the 7-day sample menu of keto meal plans, we hope you’re ready to embark on your keto diet journey. The best part of low carb eating is that you can still have tasty food while trying to lose weight.
For more information regarding keto diet or more diet plans, consult one of our many dieticians and nutritionists on Okadoc and make a booking!
Holiday season is coming. Don’t let your children spend it so simple, but let’s plan healthy activities for children to keep them busy and active.
Are you suffering from hair loss? Actually hair growth naturally declines as you age, but you can add these foods for hair growth to your diet.
Flu happens to all of us. Seeking medical attention is always a great idea. However, there are natural remedies you can try to ease your flu.
Cervical cancer is one of the most common cancer for women in the world. It is crucial for us to have awareness and understanding this cancer.