Kebab is a traditional food originating from Turkey, and it has been one of the oldest foods during wars. Nowadays, many countries invented their own versions of kebab.
- 5 Simple Infused Water Recipes for Your Daily Needs
- 7 Mediterranean Cuisine For Iftar Menu
- Delicious Middle Eastern Iftar Recipes With A Healthy Twist
If you want to enjoy this exotic delicacy with different styles, you’re in luck! Kebabs may also be the perfect dish to enjoy for Iftar.
Here are the two most famous kebab recipes that you can find:
1. Shish Kebab
- 2 ½ pounds lamb meat
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 large onion
- 1 lemon
- Cumin powder
- Olive oil
- Cut lamb meat into cubes of 1 inch
- Grate 1 onion into the meat and mix
- Cut the lemon in half and use the juice to the meat
- Season with salt, pepper, and cumin powder
- Add 1 spoon of olive oil and mix the meat and spices together
- Pound the meat to make it tender
- Cut bell peppers and onion into cubes
- Thread the meat, bell peppers, and onion alternately on a skewer (you may do multiple kebabs depending on the amount of the ingredients)
- Heat your grill and roast the kebab for roughly 8-10 minutes until the meats are cooked
- Serve from the grill and enjoy
2. Doner Kebab
- 400g lamb meat
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika powder (1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp of coriander seeds
- Mint leaves
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- 2 red pepper
- Lemon or lime for juice
- In a mixing bowl, mix spices such as cumin, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika powder
- Chop parsley and mint leaves
- Cut onion into cubes
- Cut red pepper into cubes and remove the seeds
- In a mixer or blender, mix together onions, red pepper, olive oil, and lemon or lime juice
- Place the mixture on a pot and mix with the spices slowly
- Add the sliced meat to the mixture and slowly mix
- Wrap the pot with a plastic wrap and let it marinate for a night in the fridge
- Thread all the meat slices on a skewer
- Roast them in a hot grill
- You can cut the meat off the skewers when serving
With more kids going back to in-person classes this year, with the COVID-19 Delta variant on the rise, this year’s back-to-school won’t be as usual.
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Hunger is a natural signal to your body that it needs more food. There are many explanations why you constantly feel hungry, read more to discover them.
Some women have little or no problems during their periods, while others have different menstrual disorders due to many causes. Learn more about this topic.