Making a new dinner or Iftar at home can bring thousands of smiles together. In this situation of self-quarantine and lockdown, getting creative and honing cooking skills becomes even more important.
- Healthy Middle Eastern Chicken Shawarma Recipe
- Vegetarian Iftar Recipe: Lentil Soup
- Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels Recipe
One of the dishes that you can try at home is to create this traditional dish Moussaka. It is originally a Greek dish, but it looks like Italian. You can try this at home as it is very easy and affordable. Here is how you make Moussaka:
- 3 eggplants
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 3 potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 700g of minced beef
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 260g tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth or stock
- 1L of milk
- 120g butter
- 120g flour
- 85g of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- Slice the eggplants thinly
- Season with salt and pepper, set aside
- Peel the potatoes and slice thinly
- Fry the potatoes in hot oil until golden
- Fry the eggplant slices in hot oil until golden (remember to pat them dry before)
- Chop the onion
- Crush the garlic cloves
- Saute in the frying pan with vegetable oil for 4 minutes
- Add in the crushed garlic
- Add the minced meat, cook, until meat is brown
- Season with salt, pepper, and thyme
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, and mix
- Add the broth and bring to boil on low heat
- Heat the milk in a pot
- Cut the butter into a cube
- Melt the butter over low heat
- Add the flour
- Whisk continuously on low heat until the texture is pasty
- Gradually add the milk while whisking (the end texture of the sauce should thick and smooth)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add a pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Add grated parmesan cheese to the sauce and whisk until smooth
- Add 2 egg yolks and mix
- In a casserole dish, layer the potato on the bottom
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add half of the eggplants on top
- Mix the 5 tablespoons of bechamel sauce to the meat
- Add the meat on top of the eggplants and spread evenly
- Layer again with the remaining eggplants
- Pour the remaining bechamel sauce on top and spread evenly
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top
- Bake this dish in a preheated oven at 360F for 50 minutes until golden brown
- Let cool and serve
With more kids going back to in-person classes this year, with the COVID-19 Delta variant on the rise, this year’s back-to-school won’t be as usual.
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Hunger is a natural signal to your body that it needs more food. There are many explanations why you constantly feel hungry, read more to discover them.
Some women have little or no problems during their periods, while others have different menstrual disorders due to many causes. Learn more about this topic.