Cooking every day has become the new norm in 2020 ever since quarantine and lockdown. If you need inspiration for home cooking, several traditional Mediterranean dishes can flavor up your Iftar menu.
- Healthy Middle Eastern Chicken Shawarma Recipe
- Vegetarian Iftar Recipe: Lentil Soup
- Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels Recipe
One of the most traditional Mediterranean dishes is Falafel. This Israelite dish is practical to make at home. Here is how to make Falafel from your own kitchen:
- 1 lb dry chickpeas (canned chickpeas will typically not work)
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Parsley leaves
- ½ tablespoons chickpeas flour
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- ¼ tablespoons cayenne pepper
- Add water to the dry chickpeas and soak for 24 hours
- Roughly chop onion
- Chop garlic
- Chop parsley leaves
- Blend the soaked chickpeas with onion, garlic, parsley, chickpeas flour
- Season with salt, pepper, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper
- Mix in blender until the texture is a little bit chunky
- Form small balls out of the mixture
- Heat oil in a boiler
- Fry the balls of Falafel until golden brown and serve
This is the basic serving of Falafel. If you are feeling creative, you can also try adding pita wrap or other herbs to spice up the flavor.
Do you need expert advice on this topic, or have more questions about Healthy Recipes and Diet?
With more kids going back to in-person classes this year, with the COVID-19 Delta variant on the rise, this year’s back-to-school won’t be as usual.
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Hunger is a natural signal to your body that it needs more food. There are many explanations why you constantly feel hungry, read more to discover them.
Some women have little or no problems during their periods, while others have different menstrual disorders due to many causes. Learn more about this topic.