For those who crave traditional food with a rich taste for the Iftar menu, you may try Shakshuka. This exotic dish from Israel is guaranteed to fulfill your stomach and leave you wanting more.
What’s more interesting with this dish is that it is very easy to make at home, although it may look complicated. During this quarantine that is caused by coronavirus, most families might have to spend their majority time at home. This includes celebrating Iftar at home.
Why not use this occasion to hone your cooking skills and enjoy homemade dishes with your loved ones at home?
Here is the full recipe on how to make traditional Shakshuka.
- 1 large onion
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 raw eggs
- Chop onion
- Chop red bell pepper
- Chop garlics
- Rinse the tomatoes in water and dice them
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan
- Saute chopped onion in frying pan till golden brown
- Add garlic to the pan
- Add the chopped red bell pepper
- Stir on medium heat until tender
- Add tomato paste to the pan and mix
- Add diced tomatoes. It is very important to note that the tomatoes must be stirred until pasty and almost no chunks left
- Season with cumin powder, paprika powder, chilli powder, chilli flakes, salt and sugar
- Stir well and add a pinch of black pepper
- Allow it to simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the raw eggs on top of the base separately
- Cover frying pan with a lid until the eggs are cooked (you can choose the level of eggs “doneness”)
Once everything is cooked and set, you can cut the Shakshuka into pieces and serve them to your loved ones. Many people also prefer to eat Shakshuka with bread or loaf as a side dish.
Enjoy this delicacy at your house!
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Vision problem in children may arise due to online classes during the pandemic and less time playing outdoors. Let’s find out more about it here.
To have a healthy smile, brush twice a day and not eat too many sweets are still relevant. But you still can add these tips to maintain good dental health.
Feeling anxious or stressed lately? Let’s try these yoga for anxiety to calm you down and relax your body anytime.