(source: One Arab Vegan) Samosa is one of the Ramadan classics; you can find it in most homes for iftar. Samosa is usually filled with spiced potatoes, onions, peas, lentils, macaroni, noodles, cheese and minced lamb or minced beef. However, for you vegans, Okadoc have the perfect recipe for a gluten-free vegan samosa, that is not only great for Ramadan iftars but also all year around.
Gluten-free vegan samosa ingredients
- Rice paper sheets
- One medium potato, peeled and mashed
- One small onion, finely chopped
- One clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup peas and carrots
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp organic coconut oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½-1 tsp curry powder
- Salt and black pepper
Gluten-free vegan samosa recipe
- Prepare the filling. In a medium pot, heat coconut oil, then add the cumin, coriander and curry powder along with the onion.
- Sautee until translucent before adding in the peas and carrots.
- Stir on medium heat for a few more minutes. Add in the mashed potato and turmeric. Mix well and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Set aside the filling to cool.
- Prepare the rice paper sheets with a large shallow tray with lukewarm water. Soak each sheet in the water on each side for a few seconds. Cut the sheet in half before the sheet goes completely soft.
- Spoon the filling 1-2 tsp into the corner of each sheet and fold in alternating directions to make a triangle, then roll the loose edges to seal.
- To cook, bake in a pre-heated oven or grill (180 C) until slightly golden and crispy. Before putting it into the oven, brush with a tiny bit of coconut oil to avoid sticking.
- Your samosa is ready!
It is best for the samosa to be eaten immediately because if left too long, the rice paper will lose its crispness.
World Health Organization has included gaming disorder as part of mental illness. Let’s find out more about this issue here!
Are you looking to have glowing skin? We all know how frustating the process can be, but You might try these 10 tips at home!
When you have more than one child, sibling rivalry is something unavoidable when you are raising them up. Learn more about how to overcome it here!
Are you starting to worry about your weight? The only way to burn them off is through regular physical exercise and dieting. Here are some foods to help you burn fat faster.