Samosa is one of the Ramadan classics; you can find it in most homes for iftar. Samosa is usually filled with spiced potatoes, onions, peas, lentils, macaroni, noodles, cheese, and minced lamb or minced beef.
- Delicious Middle Eastern Iftar Recipes With A Healthy Twist
- How to Make Ice Cream at Home
- Homemade Sambar Recipe
However, for you vegans, Okadoc has the perfect recipe for a gluten-free vegan samosa, that is not only great for Ramadan iftars but also all year round.
Gluten-free vegan samosa ingredients
- Rice paper sheets
- One medium potato, peeled and mashed
- One small onion, finely chopped
- One clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup peas and carrots
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp organic coconut oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½-1 tsp curry powder
- Salt and black pepper
Gluten-free Vegan Samosa Recipe
- Prepare the filling. In a medium pot, heat coconut oil, then add the cumin, coriander and curry powder along with the onion.
- Sautee until translucent before adding in the peas and carrots.
- Stir on medium heat for a few more minutes. Add in the mashed potato and turmeric. Mix well and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Set aside the filling to cool.
- Prepare the rice paper sheets with a large shallow tray with lukewarm water. Soak each sheet in the water on each side for a few seconds. Cut the sheet in half before the sheet goes completely soft.
- Spoon the filling 1-2 tsp into the corner of each sheet and fold in alternating directions to make a triangle, then roll the loose edges to seal.
- To cook, bake in a pre-heated oven or grill (180 C) until slightly golden and crispy. Before putting it into the oven, brush with a tiny bit of coconut oil to avoid sticking.
- Your samosa is ready!
It is best for the samosa to be eaten immediately because if left too long, the rice paper will lose its crispness.
Need To Consult A Doctor?
Do you need expert advice on this topic, or have more questions about Healthy Diet and Nutrition? Go to Okadoc.com or download our Mobile App and book an appointment with a Dietetics & Nutrition doctor instantly.
(source: One Arab Vegan)
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
You’ve probably heard of high-intensity interval training (HIIT), but what precisely does it entail and why are so many people talking about it?
Eid al-Adha (Festival of Sacrifice) is marked by the performance of a sacrifice, which is accomplished by slaughtering sheep and giving the meat slices among the poor, needy, and relatives.
The spread and development of vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic herald its near end, but it will not happen overnight. In the meantime, continue to take precautions to protect yourself and others in everyday life and in travel.