The word Kareem is a common given word of Arabic origin that means “generous”.
Ramadan is generous in its spiritual blessings, and its delicious food.
Yet, we need to keep in mind that health is wealth, so we decided to give you some healthy alternatives for some of the famous dishes served in Ramadan to enjoy it in a healthy way.
- 500g ground meat
- 250g fine bulgur soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 halved onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp Arabic spices
- Vegetable oil
- Hot sauce
- Combine the beef, bulgur, and onion and mix them using a food processor.
- Add salt, black pepper, cinnamon, dried mint, Arabic spices, and cumin to taste. Mix thoroughly until they are all well blended.
- Using the hot sauce, knead the ingredients until the meat dough is homogeneous.
- Roll the dough into medium-sized balls and shape them into oval format pieces.
- Grease the grill uniformly and preheat it.
- Grill the kibbeh until it is cooked from all sides.
Baked Spinach & Cheese Samosa
- Samosa Pastry Strips
- A cup of Cottage cheese
- ½ cup Feta cheese
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 egg
- A cup of flour
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the cottage cheese, feta cheese, spinach, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix until all of the ingredients are completely integrated.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and gently grease a baking sheet.
- Start by putting around 1-2 teaspoons of the spinach cheese mixture on the bottom corner of a samosa pastry strip placed vertically on a plate/tray.
- Fold the corner of the samosa pastry over the samosa filling, then fold over the corner in the same direction from the opposite side. Continue until you have the form of a triangle.
- Create a paste using flour and water, then spread it over the corner to fully seal the samosa.
- Place the prepared samosas on a baking sheet and gently brush both sides of each samosa with egg wash.
- Place it in the oven until samosas become golden and crispy (10-15min.)
If you have a doubt about an allergy or intolerance to any of these recipes’ ingredients, do not hesitate to talk to your doctor and get their opinion.
Click here to book an appointment with a Dietetics & Nutrition doctor instantly.
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
You’ve probably heard of high-intensity interval training (HIIT), but what precisely does it entail and why are so many people talking about it?
Eid al-Adha (Festival of Sacrifice) is marked by the performance of a sacrifice, which is accomplished by slaughtering sheep and giving the meat slices among the poor, needy, and relatives.
The spread and development of vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic herald its near end, but it will not happen overnight. In the meantime, continue to take precautions to protect yourself and others in everyday life and in travel.