Delicious Middle Eastern Iftar Recipes With A Healthy Twist
The word Kareem is a common given word of Arabic origin that means “generous”.
Ramadan is generous in its spiritual blessings, and its delicious food.
Yet, we need to keep in mind that health is wealth, so we decided to give you some healthy alternatives for some of the famous dishes served in Ramadan to enjoy it in a healthy way.
- 500g ground meat
- 250g fine bulgur soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 halved onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp Arabic spices
- Vegetable oil
- Hot sauce
- Combine the beef, bulgur, and onion and mix them using a food processor.
- Add salt, black pepper, cinnamon, dried mint, Arabic spices, and cumin to taste. Mix thoroughly until they are all well blended.
- Using the hot sauce, knead the ingredients until the meat dough is homogeneous.
- Roll the dough into medium-sized balls and shape them into oval format pieces.
- Grease the grill uniformly and preheat it.
- Grill the kibbeh until it is cooked from all sides.
Baked Spinach & Cheese Samosa
- Samosa Pastry Strips
- A cup of Cottage cheese
- ½ cup Feta cheese
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 egg
- A cup of flour
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the cottage cheese, feta cheese, spinach, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix until all of the ingredients are completely integrated.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and gently grease a baking sheet.
- Start by putting around 1-2 teaspoons of the spinach cheese mixture on the bottom corner of a samosa pastry strip placed vertically on a plate/tray.
- Fold the corner of the samosa pastry over the samosa filling, then fold over the corner in the same direction from the opposite side. Continue until you have the form of a triangle.
- Create a paste using flour and water, then spread it over the corner to fully seal the samosa.
- Place the prepared samosas on a baking sheet and gently brush both sides of each samosa with egg wash.
- Place it in the oven until samosas become golden and crispy (10-15min.)
If you have a doubt about an allergy or intolerance to any of these recipes’ ingredients, do not hesitate to talk to your doctor and get their opinion.
Click here to book an appointment with a Dietetics & Nutrition doctor instantly.
Back to School: Prepare Your Kids for School After COVID-19
With more kids going back to in-person classes this year, with the COVID-19 Delta variant on the rise, this year’s back-to-school won’t be as usual.
Fresh Recipes To Cool Down The Summer Heat
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Why Watching TV Is Good?
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
How To Heal & Prevent Sunburn?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
What To Eat For Suhoor? Easy And Healthy Ideas
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Could You Be At Risk?
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
5 Reasons To Start Working Out Now
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Virtual Consultation With Doctors Through Okadoc
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
What is Monkeypox?￼
Recently, the number of monkeypox infections has increased worldwide, making it a source of concern for many individuals for fear of becoming the next global epidemic.
Reasons Why You Always Feel Hungry
Hunger is a natural signal to your body that it needs more food. There are many explanations why you constantly feel hungry, read more to discover them.
The 7 Most Common Menstrual Disorders
Some women have little or no problems during their periods, while others have different menstrual disorders due to many causes. Learn more about this topic.