Children are not fond of vegetables. It might take an extra effort to serve healthy meals for kids. However, these three kids-approved vegetarian menus may save the day.
Like any other nuggets, children usually can eat it. The primary ingredient nuggets are mainly chicken meat. Vegetarian nuggets on the contrary use meat-free ingredients. Here is how you can make them:
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded carrots (can be altered with zucchini or cucumber)
- Prepare 3 cups of broccoli florets
- Prepare breadcrumb, onion powder, salt & pepper
- Peel one garlic clove
- One tablespoon of canola oil
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Steam broccoli for 5 minutes
- Blend shredded carrots, broccoli, breadcrumb, onion powder, garlic, and cheese well for at least 15 seconds.
- Season the mixture
- Pour in the canola oil to the mixture and mix well
- The mixture should be in the perfect texture for shaping (not too hard but not too watery). Then shape the mixture into a flattened ball with your hands
- Cover the balls of the mixture with the remaining breadcrumb
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet until it sizzles
- Gently deep-fry the mixture balls until they turn golden brown
- Season the outer layer of cooked nuggets and serve with tomato sauce dip
Broccoli Cheesy Bread
This unique recipe is fibre-rich and very healthy. It is not only for this menu, but most of the ingredients such as riced broccoli can also be used as primary ingredients to every day’s meal.
- Prepare 5 cups of broccoli florets
- One egg
- ¾ cup of shredded mozzarella
- ½ tablespoon of ground oregano
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup of freshly chopped parsley
- ½ cup of grated parmesan
- Two garlic cloves
- Preheat your oven to 220 degree Celsius
- Finely chop broccoli and blend them until the texture resembles flour
- Mix the riced broccoli with the uncooked egg, mozzarella, parmesan, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, and chopped garlic
- Prepare a baking sheet that is lightly brushed with oil or butter
- Place and flatten the mixture onto the baking sheet
- Bake it in the oven for roughly 20 minutes until it turns golden
- You may add additional mozzarella and parmesan after it is baked for 15 minutes, then return the mixture to the oven to melt the cheese
- After it is fully baked, take it out and garnish with finely chopped parsley
Crunchy Baked Broccoli
Crunchy broccoli can be served as a tapa or starter for kids. Although it may not be the best choice for the healthiest vegetable dishes for kids, it is still one of the most loved veggie meals for kids.
- One fresh head broccoli
- One garlic clove
- Three tablespoons of water
- Two tablespoons of butter
- 15-20 butter flavoured crackers (you may alter this with any flavoured crackers)
- ¼ cup of grated cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat an oven at 170 degree Celsius
- Cut broccoli head into florets
- Soak the broccoli florets in a salted clean water
- Heat the broccoli (along with the water) in the microwave for about 8 minutes
- Take out the broccoli and dry them
- Cover the dried broccoli with melted butter and place it on a baking sheet
- Crush the crackers in a resealable plastic bag
- Heat the remaining melted butter in a saute pan and stir the crushed crackers until they are golden
- Sprinkle the broccoli with salt and pepper, chopped garlic stirred crackers, and sprinkle grated cheese on top of the broccoli
- Bake the broccoli for about 15-20 minutes
There are tons of healthy vegetable meals that you can try for your kids. Always remember that most kids love finger foods and fried foods.
For more information on healthy recipes for every day’s meal, you can visit Okadoc blog. If you need to consult with professionals about your child’s best dietary plans, you can also try Okadoc app. The app bridges you and medical experts by enabling you to consult and communicate anytime anywhere.
Let`s find out about healthy habits during Ramadan, especially at suhoor time that you, your family and kids can follow for a healthier Ramadan.
Have you ever take general health check-ups to see if you have any health problem? Actually taking general check-up is important for you. Find out here!
Do you wonder what to eat this Ramadan when you craving sweet treats? Try these easy and delicious Ramadan desserts at your home!
Let’s be healthy while fasting. Here are 8 foods for iftar and suhoor and iftar that you need to eat to stay in shape this Ramadan.