Hair grows real fast even if you to shave, pluck or wax. The process is tiring, and you have to do it at least every other day for shaving and two weeks for waxing. Is there a permanent hair removal solution?
For those of you who want to remove body hair permanently, you may want to consider laser hair removal.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a common cosmetic procedure, and it is done by exposing hair follicles to pulses of the laser. Laser hair removal has been used to remove hair from the face, leg, arms, underarms and other areas.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Benefits of laser hair removal include:
- Minimal side effects
- Cost effective: After you’ve done laser hair removal, you won’t be spending money for razors or wax treatments.
- No ingrown hairs: Waxing, threading and epilating usually will leave you with a painful and unsightly ingrown hairs days after.
- Immediate removal: Unlike waxing or any other method that you have to wait until the hair grows to have the treatment, you don’t need surface hair for a laser hair removal treatment.
- Precise: Laser hair removal targets explicitly hairs right down at the follicle, and you can see the result fast.
- Fast: Results come after a few weeks.
- Effective: Most patients can achieve permanents hair loss within 3 and 7 sessions.
Though side effects from laser hair removal are uncommon, your skin may show signs of irritation after treatment. This includes redness, swelling, itching or tingling. However, there is nothing to be concerned about, this is normal and should subside within a few hours or days.
You may notice some slight alterations to the pigment of the skin. It may get marginally lighter or darker, but this is usually temporary. After your laser hair removal, your skin may feel delicate and will be more sensitive to light. Please ensure you cover it with adequate sun protection.
Side effects of laser hair removal also include blistering, crusting or scarring, but this is very rare. These are more likely to happen if you go over an area of skin more than once. If they do occur, make sure to keep them clean to prevent infection.
All in all, most people recover from laser hair removal very quickly with minimal side effects and no complications. With the considerable benefit with minimal risks and side effects. Just make sure you go to an aesthetician that have a good reputation and do your research first.
You can book your appointment now at Okadoc in just a tap from your smartphone.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
During Ramadan, we can notice that the number of people visiting doctors for digestive problems increases. Let’s discover what are the most common disorders
Many people find it difficult to stick to normal, healthy eating habits during Ramadan. Here is a guide to the best way to break the fast.
While fasting the body loses a lot of water in several ways. Read our top tips to know how to prevent dehydration caused by this fluids loss.