The pandemic got many of us to face mental struggles that can be frustrating, daunting, and cause adults and children to have strong emotions. In order to minimize the spread of COVID-19, public health restrictions, such as social distancing, are important, but they can make us feel isolated, increase stress and anxiety.
But the importance of mental health is not just related to this phase, but it’s there at every stage of our lives, from childhood until adulthood.
It can be too tempting for us often to take our mental wellbeing for granted; to give other things priority or to put it off until next week. It can seem too big and too hard as well. But that isn’t it.
Why is Mental Health Important?
Our emotional, psychological, and social well-being requires optimal mental health. Because it determines how: we think, feel, and behave. It also helps to decide how we cope with stress, interact with others, and make good decisions.
What To Do To Maintain Mental Well-Being?
These actions are the first stones toward building a new and healthy lifestyle that will positively affect our mental well-being:
- Sleep Better: One of the best things we can do for overall health is to get enough and quality sleep. Poor sleep is linked to depression and anxiety.
- Have a Balanced Diet: A balanced diet boosts the level of energy and helps the body feeling healthy. In turn, this can have a profound effect on mental health.
- Get Active: Exercise is just as good for the mind as it is for the body. Endorphins and serotonin are being released while exercising, which enhances the mood and also helps to relieve tension.
- Communicate with others: It can help to speak to people whom you trust. Keep in touch frequently with your beloved ones, tell them how you feel, and share any worries.
What To Avoid?
Break unwanted and unhealthy habits which include:
- Reducing or cutting caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine consumption.
- Limiting connected devices use as much as possible.
- Cutting processed and junk food and reducing sugar consumption
When to See Doctor?
During this period of time, it is perfectly common to feel anxious. But if you have severe symptoms such as inability to perform everyday routines, trouble sleeping, nausea, ongoing headaches, and difficulty focusing…
- 4 Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Eid Al Adha: Healthy Tips for a Safe Celebration
- Traveling during Covid-19: How to be Prepared
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
You’ve probably heard of high-intensity interval training (HIIT), but what precisely does it entail and why are so many people talking about it?
Eid al-Adha (Festival of Sacrifice) is marked by the performance of a sacrifice, which is accomplished by slaughtering sheep and giving the meat slices among the poor, needy, and relatives.
The spread and development of vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic herald its near end, but it will not happen overnight. In the meantime, continue to take precautions to protect yourself and others in everyday life and in travel.