How to Make a Cloth Mask to Prevent Getting COVID-19
As the new announcement made by WHO and UAE health officials, per Monday (6/4/2020) everyone should wear a mask when going out to reduce transmission of COVID-19.
Since the medical mask is an essential part of PPE for health professionals at the front line, as well as shortages of medical-grade masks, WHO and CDC recommend people to use cloth mask to protect yourself from getting the virus.
- The 7 Most Common Menstrual Disorders
- Myth vs. Reality: What Does a Panic Attack Feel Like?
- Eid Al Adha: Healthy Tips for a Safe Celebration
This is because, from positive cases, there are many patients that didn’t show any symptom, so they likely can transmit the virus to other people.
Even if the cloth mask is not 100% can protect you from the virus, but it is better protection for yourself at the moment. You also can make cloth masks for COVID-19 at home!
How to Make Cloth Mask for COVID-19?
Here’s how to make cloth masks to prevent getting COVID-19 with little to no sewing required.
- Start with a handkerchief and two hair ties (rubber bands are okay as well)
- Fold the handkerchief in half, along a horizontal axis
- Place a piece of paper towel or the coffee filter at the centre of the handkerchief.
- Fold the top-down and the bottom-up so that the paper towel or coffee filter or rests in the fold.
- Place your hair tie about one-third of the way in from the edge of the handkerchief. The two hair ties should be about one hand-width apart.
- Fold the left and right side in toward the centre, tucking the right side into the left-side flap.
- Your cloth face mask is ready to use
How to Take Care of Your Cloth Mask for COVID-19?
It is advised to have more than one cloth mask, so when you’re washing it, you still have extra to wear when going outside. Here’s how to take care of your cloth mask, so it provides better protection from droplets. Never reuse a mask without washing it first.
- Remove the mask when you’re at home
- Avoid touching the front of it in case you breathed in infected droplets that could now be there
- Remove and dispose of the paper towel insert
- Place the rest of the mask in soapy water, soak it for 5-10 minutes, then wash and rinse
- Then wash your hands
- Hang dry the mask under the sun
- When dried, iron it to completely kill the bacteria or virus that might be still present
- Now you can reuse the mask! And don’t forget to replace the paper-towel
If you have any health conditions or COVID-19 like symptoms, go to Okadoc.com or download our Mobile App to:
Together, we all can overcome this!
With more kids going back to in-person classes this year, with the COVID-19 Delta variant on the rise, this year’s back-to-school won’t be as usual.
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Hunger is a natural signal to your body that it needs more food. There are many explanations why you constantly feel hungry, read more to discover them.
Some women have little or no problems during their periods, while others have different menstrual disorders due to many causes. Learn more about this topic.