In an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus triggering the COVID-19 pandemic, vaccines turned out to be the most effective tool. It will help protect from the SARS-CoV-2 virus that has caused the death of nearly 2 million people worldwide and affected more than 90 million people.
According to The UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP), as of January 30, the total number of given COVID-19 vaccine doses is up to 3,114,162 in the country.
The Approved Vaccine Types in The UAE
- China’s Sinopharm and Pfizer-BioNTech developed in the United States and Germany.
- The Russian COVID-19 vaccine, Sputnik V, was recently approved by the Ministry of Health and Prevention for emergency use, making it the third vaccine to be approved for use in the UAE.
Here is our summary regarding the three vaccines, the labs’ origin countries, how every type works, and how much time there is between the 2 doses of each:
Get Vaccinated for Free in The UAE!
The UAE provides all COVID-19 vaccines free of charge and on an optional basis to its citizens and residents, after ensuring that the person does not have a medical condition or symptoms that make it inadvisable.
Who Can’t Take The Vaccine?
- People with severe allergies
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- People with underlying medical conditions
- Children and teenagers
If You Were COVID-19 Positive, Can You Get the Vaccine?
If you’ve had COVID-19, after healing, you’ve probably developed some amount of natural immunity to it. In this case, you are advised to wait 90 days before you get vaccinated.
COVID-19 Vaccine Do’s & Don’ts
Before taking the shot:
- Individuals who have had serious allergic reactions to vaccinations history should mention this. In some countries, this may affect which type of vaccine to take.
Day of the shot:
- It is advised to follow your normal routine, wear loose-fitting clothes so that your arm can easily be reached by the health care provider, and eat your meals as usual.
After getting the shot:
- For the optimal performance of all cells in the body, adequate and appropriate nutrition is required, and this involves the cells of the immune system.
- Do not rub the vaccinated area on the arm
- Refrain from alcohol consumption for three days after each injection
- Do not combine certain medical treatments with vaccines (check with your doctor)
Common Possible Side Effects
To reduce the pain and discomfort in the vaccination area: Apply over the spot with a clean, cool, wet washcloth and do some light arm movements or exercise.
To reduce fever: drink a lot of fluids and wear light & comfortable clothes.
What Do You Need to Keep In Mind After Getting Vaccinated?
It is recommended that people frequently wash their hands, practice physical distancing, wear a mask, and take other measures to prevent the virus from spreading even after being vaccinated.
With more kids going back to in-person classes this year, with the COVID-19 Delta variant on the rise, this year’s back-to-school won’t be as usual.
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Hunger is a natural signal to your body that it needs more food. There are many explanations why you constantly feel hungry, read more to discover them.
Some women have little or no problems during their periods, while others have different menstrual disorders due to many causes. Learn more about this topic.