5 Best Way to Improve Eyesight Naturally
Almost everybody in the modern day uses a computer and a mobile phone for work. Prolonged usage can lead to eye fatigue and lead to eye problems. Don’t neglect your eyes, try this best way to improve eyesight naturally.
Best Ways to Improve Eyesight Naturally
Vitamins and Minerals
Vitamins A, C, and E and zinc contain antioxidants that can help prevent macular degeneration, which is a condition that may result in blurred or no vision in the centre of the visual field. Food sources for these key vitamins and minerals include:
- Red peppers
- Sweet potato
- Omega-3 rich foods such as salmon and flaxseed.
Exercise Your Eyes
Perform eye exercises in the morning, before bedtime, or anytime your eyes feel tired. Make sure that your hands are clean and that your mood is relaxed. Commit to daily practice, and you may see a better result in as fast as in just a month.
How to exercise your eyes:
- Warm your eyes by rubbing your palms together and place them against your eyes for five seconds. Repeat this three times.
- Roll your eyes, start by looking up and down then slowly circle, clockwise and counterclockwise ten
- Focus your eyes. Use an item, like a pen to focus your eyes on it and slowly bring the pen closer. Slowly move it back, keeping your eyes focus at the item. Repeat ten times or however necessary.
- Massage your temples. Using your thumb knuckles, massage your temples gently in small circles, 20 times in one direction and 20 in the other. Repeat on above the mid-point of the eyebrows at the forehead, then below the eyes on both sides of the bridge of the nose.
- Take a rest. Close your eyes, and relax for about 3 minutes.
Rest and relax your eyes
You’re using your eyes every waking moment; sometimes you forget to give them rest. Take breaks throughout the day. Sleep enough to rest your eyes. A lack of sleep will weaken your vision.
Try resting your eyes for at least ten minutes for every fifty minutes you spend in front of a computer screen, television, or reading a book. Take a quick nap if necessary.
Keep your hands and lenses clean
Your eyes are vulnerable to germs and infections. Things that irritate your eyes can affect your vision. So you should always wash your hands before touching your eyes or handling your contact lenses if you use it.
Don’t forget to replace your contact lenses as advised by the manufacturer or your doctor. Germs in your contact lenses can lead to bacterial infections of the eyes.
Protect Your Eyes From the Sun
The sun can damage your eyes. Constant exposure to the UV rays can cause photokeratitis and conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the cornea and the membrane lining inside the eyelids respectively. More prolonged exposure to UV rays can increase the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
The solution is to wear sunglasses, especially UV 400 sunglasses outdoors, to protect against UV rays that are reflected by the snow, water and sand.
Here are the tips to minimalise short-wavelength blue visible light emitted by electronic devices:
- Keep a distance of about 20 to 30 cm from the computer, or better, further.
- Look away at an object about 20 feet away for 20 seconds after every 20 minutes.
- Take a 15-minute break after every 2 hours.
Getting regular eye checkups can also help to improve your eyesight and prevent injuries or illnesses that could harm your vision. Book doctor’s appointment online with Okadoc.
Let`s find out about healthy habits during Ramadan, especially at suhoor time that you, your family and kids can follow for a healthier Ramadan.
From symptoms to prevention options, let’s find useful information to help you understand and cope with osteoporosis here!
Have you ever take general health check-ups to see if you have any health problem? Actually taking general check-up is important for you. Find out here!
Do you wonder what to eat this Ramadan when you craving sweet treats? Try these easy and delicious Ramadan desserts at your home!