When it comes to summertime cooking, we prefer to keep things simple. That means easy grilling, healthful salads with all of the fresh summer ingredients, frozen desserts, refreshing drinks, and so much more.
Check out these nutritious, feel-good foods that make life easier. It’s everything you need to fuel your body, please your taste senses, or chill down on a hot day.
Caprese skewers are a fun and easier twist to Caprese salad.
What you will need?
- Wooden skewers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Baby mozzarella
- Small basil leaves
- Olive oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze optional
Instructions: It’s as easy as 1,2,3!
- Marinate mozzarella
- Thread ingredients on small skewers
- Season and serve.
Watermelon, Feta & Mint Salad
• 4 cups watermelon mini and seedless, rind removed and cubed.
• 3 ounces feta cheese cubed.
• Chopped mint and basil.
• Lime juiced.
• Salt, pepper.
• olive oil.
1. Prepare all the salad ingredients and add them to a large salad bowl.
2. Add lime juice, olive oil, and a generous sprinkle of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Gently stir to combine, then serve immediately and enjoy!
Fresh Mango Popsicles
You will need
- Fresh mango
- Mango nectar
- Popsicle mold
- In a blender, combine all of your ingredients and process until completely smooth, with no remaining chunks of mango.
- Pour the mango mixture into the popsicle mold with care, allowing about 1/4 inch of space.
- If your popsicle mold doesn’t have a lid that keeps your popsicle, you will need to freeze them for at least 1 hour before inserting the sticks.
- After adding the sticks, your popsicles will need to freeze for at least 8 hours, (recommended to leave then overnight).
Then just pop them out of the mold and enjoy this frozen natural dessert!
- 6 cups cold cubed seedless watermelon
- 4 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup fresh strained lemon juice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (more or less to taste)
- Ice and fresh mint for serving
- In a blender, purée the watermelon until smooth.
- Whisk together the water, lemon juice, and sugar in a large pitcher until the sugar has dissolved. If you don’t have time to chill the ingredients, simply replace some of the water with extra ice.
- Combine ice and mint in a mixing bowl
- Store in the refrigerator.
In case you are having food allergies to any of the ingredients, or to get more healthy diet options do not hesitate to consult a specialized doctor.
Click here to book an appointment with a Diet & Nutrition doctor.
From the easiest summer salad recipe to simple desserts, these easy summer recipe ideas will keep your summery breezy.
Do you ever think that spending hours in front of the TV is not a healthy option for spending time? What if we told you that this has several benefits?
Sunburn is a skin burn that occurs if exposed to the sun for too long without precautions. Here are some tips on how to heal sunburn and how to prevent it.
For people who fast in Ramadan, Suhoor is considered as body fuel, this is why it’s important to have a balanced meal. Here is our healthy recipes selection
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)? What causes it? How to detect it? And how to treat it? Learn more about how a billion people are impacted…
You’ve probably heard countless times how working out have many benefits for the whole body and mind. Here is 5 reasons why you should start working out now
Okadoc now offers virtual consultation with trusted doctors and hospitals. Learn more here!
Summer is here, and increased exposure to factors such as sunlight and humidity can damage our skin. Here are 4 summer skin hazards and how to prevent them
ADHD is a mental health disorder that causes hyperactive and excessive impulsive behaviors. What are its symptoms and how to diagnose them?
Skincare routine is as important for men as for women. However, establishing a routine might be difficult. Read more if you are unsure of where to start.